«The Beautiful Flowers Theatre » is a non-governmental professional theater, which was established in 2011 by graduates of Kharkov University of Arts, Kotlyarevsky (Artem Vusik, Igor Klyuchnik and Denis Chmelyov). In the same year they founded the unique genre called Funk Futurism, in which the theater work to this day.
The theater was established on January 6, 2011 by three guys who had never worked together. They came together to make a statement on the skit, which appeared very successful. Skit was immediately noted by the city authorities and this pushed guys to create a full-fledged performance. So, after a year theater showed «RAT» — an absurd performance without words, that combines the elements of pantomime, puppet theater and eccentrics. The performance immediately evoked a distinct dissonance against other non-state theaters in their home city, Kharkiv. Over the next year, «Rat» becomes a party to many theater festivals of the city.
In April 2013, the theater has presented their new creation: performance-satire called «FAT». In the «Fat» performance the basic structure of «Beautiful flowers» was joined by famous Ukrainian musicians and actors Mr. and Mrs. Babkin.
2014 started with the premiere of «Red», which reveals the eternal questions between man and woman relationship.. In this project, a basic structure of the theater joined Oksana Cherkashina.
In the spring of 2015 in the repertoire of the theater there was a performance «Dracula», based on the work of the same name by Bram Stoker. In this work, the whole troupe consisting of six people is involved, and as the director is Artyom Vusik.
In May 2016 the theater presents its fifth performance — «SEX 2005», experimenting with music and space and going beyond the usual theatrical scene. All the action takes place in the chamber gallery to the accompaniment of the guitar, where only two actors of the theater are involved: Artem Vusik and Oksana Cherkashina.
In the autumn of 2016 the theater «Beautiful flowers» is working on a joint project with HATOB and in November they release the premiere of «365». This is the first in Ukraine and one of not many projects in the world, combining a harmonious fusion of music by Antonio Vivaldi and Astor Piazzolla with a plastic modern theater. In addition to the three members of the tetra «Beautiful flowers» (Artem Vusik, Igor Klyuchnik, Oksana Cherkashina) there are also invited actors from other Kharkov theaters — Armen Kaloyan, Dmitry Tretyak, Andrei Vaneev, Alexander Krivosheev, Konstantin Vasyukov, Bogdan Sinyavsky. The first violin, as well as one of the actors, is a famous Ukrainian musician who has been working in the Vienna Philharmonic for a long time — Michael Zakharov.
Conductor and musical director of the project Yuri Yakovenko. The performance speaks with the viewer in modern language and on topical issues, touches on common human issues, where each viewer can see the reflection of his own life.
In February 2017 the theater shows the play «DPU» — a joint project with the public organization «Line of Concord». In this documentary work, the Theater «Beautiful Flowers» first spoke from the stage and for the first time worked with the playwright (Dmitry Levitsky). There are real stories from the combat zone, veterans of ATO tell about their experience of life before the war, in the war and after it.
When we met and took to the stage, the language of our existence was original, self-sufficient, but at the same time it remained dumb. The absence of a word helped us to express our thoughts metaphorically, and also allowed the viewer to give his interpretation of meanings. To describe all the devices that we use, we need to enumerate many existing genres, such as pantomime, grotesque, absurd, past-drama, collage, comedy, eccentricity, satire, dance, paradox, and so on. But we do not want these long transfers. We want to introduce our genre!
His name is FANK-FUTURISM.
It’s time to identify the features of FANK-FUTURISM!
1. Funk-futurism is a state of consciousness: it is free and elusive by the human eye.
2. The name itself takes its roots from the confusion of the mood of funk music with the revolutionary spirit of the futurists of the early twentieth century.
3. The funk part of the direction carries the function of youthfulness of mind and carelessness of consciousness. To play funk music is a special art that requires a developed rhythmic flair, mathematical drive and inexhaustible energy. These qualities are mandatory for the funk futurist.
4. The past century gave birth to many fathers of Futurism, it was they who sowed the seeds that they now rise in space. Rioting against the habitual norms and the desire to create the art of the future — that’s what they teach us!
5. Funk-futurism is only a child, but he is able to watch life THROUGH, not just to it.
6. Funk-furirism deliberately abandoned the word and expressed only by its nature. His palette stretches from the movement of expressive to motion in complete immobility.
7. Funk-futurism deliberately reduces the importance of what is happening in reality and allows itself more than reality itself.
8. Spectator Funk-futurism can not be afraid of «not right» to understand the authors intention, since he is also an author.
9. Funk Futurism is a delicacy, it is an exclusive food for gourmets. Try it on the taste, you will feel either disgust, or pleasure, which you want to repeat.
10. Funk-futurism always remains unobtrusive.
The festival participation
The play «RAT» laureate of:
The play «FAT» laureate of:
The play «RED» laureate of:
The play «DRACULA» laureate of:
The play «Room show» laureate of: